Laura Carlota Boyer Arnedo
Degree in Economics, specialising in international economics and monetary science.
Phone: +34 619 651117
Degree in Economics from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid and ten years of full-time work experience as an economist, during which time I held various positions of responsibility at the likes of the Spanish Official Credit Institute (Instituto de Crédito Oficial, or ICO for short) and Arthur Andersen & Co.
From an early stage I made a name for myself in business communication and was therefore placed in charge of drafting letters, speeches, press releases, conferences, consultancy material, external and internal communications and investor presentations, among other documents. I became highly adept in liaising with numerous high-ranking political figures and stood out during my time with the business lobby Instituto de la Empresa Familiar, which was my last full-time job as an economist.
I then went on to work for myself in finance and real estate, the latter being the main activity of the family-owned real estate development company Puerto 2000, S.L., a business I would later join as Assistant Director, a position I still hold to this day.
MANAGEMENT OF REAL ESTATE ASSETS AND POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC LOBBYING FUNCTIONS
I headed the internal Lobbying and Economics and Taxation Commissions of this business club, which comprises the 100 largest family-owned enterprises in Spain.
My responsibilities included:
• Representing the institution at forums of economists and business owners.
• Designing and implementing the institution’s economic policy and lobbying strategy.
Preparing “pitches”, holding internal meetings with business partners and external meetings with politicians.
• Organising seminars and conferences, including the task of selecting and arranging national and international guests and speakers, reviewing the speaker’s material, holding preliminary meetings and coordinating the event. Preparing questions for politicians.
• Collaborating with lawyers in drafting proposals for fiscal and economic measures.
• Comparative research on the economic and fiscal situation in different countries.
• Drafting newspaper articles to disseminate our lobbying policy and preparing speeches for business owners.
MARKET RESEARCH, REAL ESTATE AND FINANCE
• Director of the ICO Real Estate Fund:
Responsible for market research and analysis and for setting up the ICO Real Estate Fund (Fondo Inmobiliario ICO). ICO Officer.
• Financial Resources Division:
Entrusted with researching national and international markets and for preparing daily and weekly reports between departments. Tasked with promoting ICO’s status as an international debt issuer, including the need to create a suitable corporate image, prepare prospectuses and audiovisual material, coordinate road shows, attend meetings with international investors and coordinate the task of preparing reports with investment banks and the relevant international bodies. Arranging debt in foreign currency, analysing proposals and liaising with the Spanish Securities Market Commission (Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores, CNMV), the Bank of Spain and international rating agencies.
Trading in stock market securities, investment funds and currencies in international markets.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
In charge of improving internal reporting and communication, including the preparation of interdepartmental information material, diagrams, organisational charts and texts.
• Preparing courses on quality management for the senior officers of companies from a range of different sectors.
• Organising and preparing the Quality Yearbook (Anuario de la Calidad), which was published in the economic press.
• Drafting and publishing the Quality Book (Libro de la Calidad) with the support and sponsorship of various leading newspapers.
• Designing a franchising plan for the company; organising and designing the strategic plan and management system and preparing the user manual.
AUDITING AND PLANNING STOCK MARKET FLOATINGS
I - Audit work:
• Auditing the annual accounts of multinational companies from the following sectors: banking, pharmaceuticals, real estate, footwear, transport and air freight, and NGOs.
• Analysing and checking the regulatory reports of listed companies.
• Consolidating the annual accounts of corporations.
II - Advisory work in salvaging loss-making companies and liquidating insolvent companies:
Valuing insolvent companies ahead of the liquidation process. Acting as mediator between company management and creditors. Preparing reports to be laid before international tax authorities.
III- Operational consultancy work:
• Designing a strategic plan for the tourism industry.
Highly skilled at organising and overseeing conferences within the tourism industry and arranging guest politicians. Joint preparation of consultancy reports.
• Experience in auditing annual accounts and in reviewing regulatory reports on stock market listed companies.
• Experience in the tax division. Tax advisory services for companies and private individuals.
© 2018 AAAplus Asesores